About the review of export regulations
The Export Control (Organic Produce Certification) Orders are subject to a sunset clause, such that it will expire after 30 June 2020. The orders have underpinned the National Standard for organic products—both for export and in the domestic market.
The Government has commenced a review of the arrangements to determine what action it should take (if any). The review is being undertaken by Deloitte and submissions to the review are open until 23 February 2018.
To have your say on the organic export orders review, register under the ‘Stay Informed’ box at: haveyoursay.agriculture.gov.au/organic-orders-review.
The review will take the form of a regulation impact assessment, as set out in the Australian Government Guide to Regulation, which prescribes methods for measuring the benefits and costs of the regulation and sets questions which need to be answered to justify a regulation.
- What is the policy problem you are trying to solve?
- Why is government action needed?
- What policy options are you considering?
- What is the likely net benefit of each option?
- Who will you consult and how will you consult them?
- What is the best option from those you have considered?
- How will you implement and evaluate your chosen option?
More information: Department of Agriculture and Water Resources